Study Abroad in ISRAEL with IFSA
Diversity and Coexistence
About the program
Explore the intersections between identity, religion, nationalism and diversity in the city of coexistence Jerusalem. In the classroom, and through unique opportunities to engage with local communities, you will gain fresh insights on identity theory and politics of social movements in the Middle East, the United States, and around the world today.
Located on a plateau in the Judean Mountains between the Mediterranean and the Dead Sea, Jerusalem is one of the oldest cities in the world. The city has a history that goes back to the 4th millennium.
- The program, located in the multicultural and ethnically diverse city of Jerusalem, allows students to interact with a wide variety of people of different backgrounds, religions, and diversity
- Take advantage of this unique opportunity to explore the intersections between identity, religion, community, nationalism and diversity and hone your skill to promote global understanding and social justice
- Take elective courses taught in English
- Program located at Rothberg International School, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, one of the Middle East's most prestigious universities
- Live and learn near Mount Scopus in the ancient city of Jerusalem, located within easy access to transportation, supermarkets, shopping, and eateries
- IFSA orientation covering important health, safety, and security topics pertaining to Israel
- Enjoy suite-style living with single bedrooms, living room, kitchen and bathroom facilities, air conditioning, laundry facilities
- Outside of the classroom, you will participate in co-curricular activities designed to engage you with diverse communities and interrogate theories of identity and coexistence
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.