Why BCA Dalian?
With so many study abroad options available, we want you to know what makes BCA Dalian different from others. Here are some points to consider when choosing the program that's right for you.
Great for Majors
- Chinese language
- Political science, history, Asian studies, business
- BCA was the first American study abroad provider to establish an exchange program in Dalian
- Dalian is an up and coming Chinese city ranked 4th as Best Places for Business in 2006
- Beautiful port city at the foot of Nanshan Mountain
- Meet students from China and all over the world
- Access to great facilities and opportunities for extracurricular activities
- Not saturated with Americans or American programs
Expert Resident Director
Full-time, resident director, Dr. Danny Hsu is new to BCA but not to Dalian. Danny was born in Taiwan and moved to the United States at the age of seven. He has a Ph.D. in Modern Chinese History from UCLA and has many years of experience living and studying in China. Danny conducted research in China as a Fulbright scholar (2003-2004) and his work on the development of the Chinese legal system was supported by an NSEP grant. He is currently revising his dissertation into a book manuscript and starting a new project on U.S.-China cultural relations. Danny is passionate about traveling and working with college students to broaden their understanding of China.
Dalian University of Foreign Languages (DUFL)
- Pre-eminent foreign language university in northeastern China
- Intensive Chinese language taught but previous knowledge not necessary
- Internship possibilities for business students (Sony, Xerox)
Danny will get you up to speed on life in China and introduce you to Dalian and DUFL during your orientation.
Excursions and Activities
- Visit Beijing and the Great Wall of China and the Forbidden City among other sites
- Dalian is known for its annual International Fashion Festival, the Festival of Locust Trees and the Arts Festival
- Attend DUFL's Film Festival featuring American, Chinese and other movies.
- Participate in soccer, basketball or volleyball with other students.
Why BCA Dalian? About Dalian Academics Message from the Director
Financing and Fees Quick Facts Student Life Trips & Activities
Health & Safety Helpful Links FAQ about Dalian