Excursions & Activities
- Fall: Visit Varanasi, the holiest of the seven sacred cities in Hinduism and Jainism, with a key role in the development of Buddhism.
- Spring: Visit Visakhapatnam – Jewel of the East Coast – in Andhra Pradesh. Visit Bora Caves and Araku Valley or Hampi, Anegundi, or Badami.
Relish unique sights and sounds all over Hyderabad.
- Explore Buddhist, Jain, and Hindu temples.
- Visit the folk goddess temple, Peddamma, and see the biggest Ganesha idol in Hyderabad.
- Practice Yoga on campus daily – it doesn't get any more authentic!
- Celebrate annual festivals with colorful decorations and kites.
- Visit special places like Mysore, Byllakuppe, Melkote, Badami, and Karnataka.
Volunteering. Give two hours a week, and get back much more. Build school gardens, tutor orphaned boys, teach English and self-esteem to girls, design marketing material and/or websites for NGO's, or develop interventions for minority communities.
Language tutoring. Students who take language courses can pair up with Indian university students for support getting involved on campus.
Independent study. Investigate the textile industry, modern religion, the impact of climate change, marginalized communities, or another intriguing topic with a faculty advisor from the Study in India Program (SIP).